Reference # 38900
Location: Washington, DC
Job Title: Vice President Digital Strategy
Type of Opportunity: Fulltime
Vice President Digital Strategy
Our DC based large digital agency is seeking the perfect match for a VP of Digital Strategy! Do you have expertise in leading teams, crafting digital and social strategies for target audiences, including platforms, audiences, experiences and partnerships. And have at least 10 year in the digital space, experience as either a Interactive Project Manager or agency style Account Director/Manager?
This VP position will lead multiple accounts to develop digital and social media strategies and hold ultimate accountability for the teams’ efforts. It’s important for the candidate to be comfortable building strong relationships with clients, provide exceptional service, and create a deep understanding among the team of clients’ needs, goals and priorities and identify new opportunities for achieving clients’ objectives. Strong candidates must have experience leading teams crafting digital and social strategies for target audiences, including platforms, audiences, experiences and partnerships.
Must be able to write remarkable creative briefs and build enthusiasm and innovation among creative, content and development teams for your ideas. Candidates must have experience with direct strategy teams and research resources in employing a variety of research techniques to analyze online data, the competitive landscape, the media environment, cultural trends and client activities to build meaningful insights. Ability to identify key objectives, measurement tools and frameworks to ensure team activities are measured effectively and campaigns are optimized. Provide leadership, vision and thoughtful responses to new business efforts, particularly for non-profit and government clients. Participate actively in pitches. Develop the talents of your team members and direct reports. Create strong account plans and forecast activity accurately. Additionally this position will need to contribute to the companies blog and other thought leadership efforts in the social media space.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the digital communications space. Background must include senior-level experience in an agency environment or other client-facing setting;
- Proven track record of leading major accounts and exceptional client service skills. Experience with B2B and healthcare communications, senior client interaction experience, as well as senior account management;
- Must have passion for the quickly-evolving social media environment. Exceptional, demonstrated understanding of social media and the digital landscape;
- Experience recommending and implementing integrated digital campaigns;
- Outstanding research, analytical and social management skills using tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch, Adobe Social, Spredfast, among others;
- Superior communication, organizational, and project management skills;
- Track record of effectively leading cross-functional teams to award-winning work;
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team setting;
- Applying social media in your own life (please include links to your relevant social media spaces);
- Thought leadership around social media and B2B communications preferred – please direct us to where we can find your work in action or POV;
- BA/BS required.
Salary: $120k – $130k + full benefits (no relocation offered!)