Reference # 38879
Location: New York, NY
Job Title: Visual Interaction Designer
Type of Opportunity: Fulltime
Visual Interaction Designer
Our client is a beacon of excellence in education. This is a non profit organization with incredible design sensibilities. They are looking for an interaction designer with strong visual design skills to work closely with interdisciplinary teams to translate strategies into compelling outcomes.
· Create compelling design solutions that enhance user experience.
· Work with the feature development teams to understand user needs, business needs, platform/OS to ensure that the workflow represents the customer’s needs and ensure consistency among features.
· Help to create and maintain overarching design standards that span all facets of the organization and our products and services.
· Effectively communicate designs across teams using engaging presentations, collaboration tools, prototypes, and narrative vision.
· Engage with development to understand platform capabilities, communicate designs, support agile development, and verify design implementations
· Develop expert-level knowledge of competition and complementary products.
· Create style guides and other production-ready design deliverables for use as specifications by other designers and developers.
· Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
· Develop low- and hi-fidelity prototypes for consumer and business evaluation
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and documentation.
· BA in a related field (graphic, service, interaction design, etc.) and/or equivalent years of successful work experience.
· At least 5 to 7 years of experience in interaction design, information architecture, or visual design of related. Strong knowledge of user interface and functionality design required.
· Broad knowledge of digital interaction design patterns, Web site architecture, user interfaces and navigation on various platforms (Web, mobile, tablet).
· Prototyping skills using tools like Flash, Dreamweaver, and/or the knowledge of imaging/video domain applications will be a plus.
· Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills.
· Fluency in Adobe Create Suite.
· A demonstrated experience in motion graphics and a familiarity with motion design and production tools is a plus.