Reference # 43285
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Job Title: Digital Designer
Type of Opportunity: Freelance
You have strong design AND project management skills and are a lover of all things detail oriented, this could be the project for you! One of the world’s largest suppliers of electronic learning products is looking to hire an onsite, contract Digital Designer for 3 months minimum and likely to extend. There’s even the potential of a full-time hire for the right candidate!
Job Description Details
You are a Digital Designer with a proven track record of creative development specific for responsive digital environments with the ability to communicate the rationale for designs based on their understanding of the broader digital ecosystem.
The Digital Designer will be given the overall vision of a project and report to a Director of Digital Marketing. Industry/retail/electronic experience is not as important as strong design, strong project management, and a leader in detail as it relates to directing production and being organized.
You will support digital design deliverables for two major brands and will contribute to the development and maintenance of digital design components of all marketing style guides. The ability to differentiate between design types that deliver against a variety of KPIs to help achieve digital marketing goals is paramount.
You must also have the ability to differentiate between design types that deliver against a variety of KPIs to help achieve digital marketing goals.
Responsibilities include the ability to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them by offering creative ideas and collaborating with other creative teams.
- Answer creative briefs to a very high standard to design and deliver assets for banners, web pages site designs, emails, social assets, and digital assets for all digital paid media and trade marketing initiatives.
- Deliver creative with a focus on brand consistency and a strong rationale for user experience and linking strategies as part of the design point of view.
- Development and maintenance of digital style guide, to include templates, when appropriate, for creative elements.
- Create non-digital designs and content as needed (i.e., activity pages for children to promote a sub-brand or print advertising).
- Plan, coordinate, and track the design and production of all digital project assets.
- Maintain and update a database of current creative templates and design assets.
- Assist sales reps by providing requested assets, most predominantly, digital banners and brand page layouts.
- Analyze vendor-provided designs to develop recommendations for improvement; may need to provide additional design guidance on suggested improvements, such as navigation, product pages, or press pages.
- Manage creative feedback and adhere to established review processes.
- Support needs for individual assets for other marketing uses, such as image retouching or combination image creation.
- Responsive digital design experience
- Understanding of technical back-end implications on designs
- Persuasive and confident approach to creative with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and across teams
- Ability to pitch concepts and deliverables to internal customers
- Sense of curiosity, a desire to ask questions and the ability to “think outside the box”
- Ability to translate technical information into interesting and compelling designs and apply implications from research to designs
- Ability to integrate consistent brand look and feel into all designs
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Intermediate coding knowledge (15%-20% of the job)
- Intermediate understanding of SEO, Metadata, and Tagging
- Full understanding of responsive design and comfort level designing for a variety of digital platforms: desktop, mobile, tablet
- High professional and ethical standards
- Required Software Proficiency
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field, and 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in the area of digital graphic design or website design; or any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge, and ability to perform assigned tasks.
3-month minimum, likely extension and possible full-time hire
Dress code: Business casual (no jeans)
Reference job # 43285