Reference # 43603
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Title: Digital Designer
Type of Opportunity: Freelance
Who you are:
You're a design powerhouse and you don't like doing the same old thing every day. You need to mix it up, and work on lots of different clients and projects from day to day. From video to responsive web design and emails, you're a master of all things digital and can do whatever it takes to get the job done, and get it done quickly.
What you will do:
Your daily work will consist of re-skinning websites, designing responsive emails, creating motion graphics and videos, and anything else that comes along! Projects could be new, or working with existing sites, emails, and videos that need updates. Projects can consist of multiple types of media, which may include print, web, and multimedia. They may involve multiple versions of campaigns with complex requirements. Candidates can expect to work on more than one client and client project.
You will be part of a larger team and will work with Directors, Web Designers, Developers, Writers, and Scrum Masters.
The ideal candidates will be self-managed and experienced individuals who can efficiently keep client projects on time and on track, and manage tasks through delivery. This role requires both cooperation with internal teams, as well as the ability to work independently. A background in design that is process-oriented will be especially helpful, in addition to the ability to foresee issues, handle client relations tactfully, and understand mark-ups for changes.
Who we're looking for:
- Designers that have the ability to do excellent work either revising or creating (websites, responsive emails, motion graphics/videos)
- Someone who can work independently and manage time and projects efficiently and quickly (speed is equally as important as quality)
- Creative folks with production skills and the flexibility to be happy with either
- Designers with excellent layout skills, meticulous production, and the ability to work fast and happy in a quick moving environment
- Someone who can leverage new technology, find unexpected ideas, and push the boundaries in solving design problems with continued innovation
- Demonstrated past experience in managing complex campaigns for large audiences (100,000+) and working in a collaborative environment (large scale project experience and the ability to show and discuss thought process)
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening) in a collaborative environment
- Expert users of Adobe CC (mainly InDesign) as well as CSS, HTML, Motion Graphics/Video software
- Peope with 5+ years web, responsive email, motion graphics/video design experience
Start date: ASAP
End: Contract position, up to 6 months, then roll into full-time if all is mutual
Hours per week: 40-45
Phone and in person
Portfolios should show large scale projects and the ability to manage from concept through completion with a client service personality and attitude.
Chosen candidates must pass a drug screen and criminal background check upon offer and before starting work