Reference # 42912
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Title: Mid-Level Visual Designer - Chicago, IL
Type of Opportunity: Freelance
Mid-Level Visual Designer – Chicago, IL
Our client, a major airline, is seeking to add a dynamic Mid-level Art Director with digital experience to their existing in-house creative team! This is a long-term freelance assignment located in downtown Chicago.
In this role you will be creating visual concepts for existing and new digital projects (such as websites, mobile apps, digital banners, digital signage, and emails). Must be comfortable taking a proactive approach and with managing shifting priorities. You will be working closely with Project Managers and Senior Art Director to plan projects, manage resources, build timelines, and ensure that the project remains within established budgets.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing direction and inspiration to design staff by brainstorming ideas and creating original visual concepts.
- Implementing ideas from concept to completion.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of the client’s brand and web style guidelines, and keeping up to date with popular trends.
- Balancing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting with internal clients to understand and analyze their goals.
Additional Requirement and Qualifications:
- Must have a thorough understanding of digital design trends and tools, and a strategic mindset to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia/Digital Design or related field
- 2-5 years of proven experience as a Senior Designer or Junior Art Director in an agency or corporate environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must be an expert in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of Sketch and Invision is a plus!
Start Date: 4/3/17
End Date: 6/23/17 (with possible extensions every three months)
9am – 5pm work hours, 40 hours per week
ALL ONSITE WORK
Must pass a drug and background check after an offer has been extended