Reference # 43009
Location: San Diego, IL
Job Title: Sr. Packaging Designer
Type of Opportunity: Fulltime
Sr. Packaging Designer
Do you like toys and babies? Are you a Senior Packaging Designer looking to relocate to sunny Southern California? Our client would love to meet you!
This senior level position has many responsibilities including overseeing the overall direction and management of the Creative Services team of graphic, production and packaging designers. Expert level of product development and out-side-of the box (no pun intended) innovation in the packaging process is highly desire. We are looking for trendsetters in packaging!
- • Collaborating closely with VP of Marketing, Product/Brand Managers and Product Development teams to deliver strategic brand direction to the Creative team.
- • Setting goals for the creative process and directing team members in all aspects of packaging design and development..
- • Implementing new technologies including new software and hardware critical to developing skills and product efficiencies.
- • Knowledge of industry standards through research and direct contact with vendors and industry experts.
- • Overseeing the packaging development process (from initiating design schedule start to final mechanical artwork turnover) for multiple categories of business across brands ensuring market relevant and compelling packaging is developed.
- • Managing design team to support brand and strategic initiatives including but not limited to, video productions, website design, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related subject.
- Must have 8+ years professional level experience in design direction and execution in consumer packaged goods. Minimum of 3 years in a comprehensive management role effectively guiding and directing internal staff and external partners/vendors.
- Mass retail experience required
- Expert in package design and development using graphic and packaging software such as Illustrator, Photoshop and CAD tools..
- Requires 15-20% travel. Some international travel required. 1X weekly evening meeting required with international office.
- ?Relocation assistance offered, PTO, Health, Vision, Dental, 401(k)