Reference # 43883
Location: New York, NY
Job Title: UI Designer
Type of Opportunity: Fulltime
Global fashion brand looking for Senior UI Designer to join their e-commerce team!
The Sr. Interaction/UI Designer should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. Candidates should also have prior success in being persuasive and selling their ideas to a diverse audience.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborate with ecommerce, marketing and development teams to define and implement innovative user-centric solutions for site direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to engineering hand-off to QA.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders while recognizing competing inputs and priorities.
- Use prototypes and existing sites to conduct user research and evaluate user feedback to determine implementation direction of proposed designs and features.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
Experience: 6+ years relevant experience working on public facing websites.
Education: BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
- Proven UI experience and design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, prototype, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present designs and sell solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in a fast paced development process.