Reference # 43267
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Title: UX Engineer- Northbrook, IL
Type of Opportunity: Freelance
UX Engineer- Northbrook, IL
Are you an experienced UX Engineer ready to take on a major mobile initiative for one of America’s 50 Happiest Companies and a world-renowned name?
This role is perfect for someone who has taken multiple products and projects through to production. You understand what it takes to build out an enterprise-level product. You can thrive in an Agile environment with 2 week sprints. You know how to partner with UX Architects, UX and Visual Designers, other Engineers, and Business Leads to create a final product that works for consumers and the business. You are also aware of the latest technology, accessibility best practices, and trends in UX design. Basically, you are a leader in your field!
What will you do?
- Support and potentially lead the development of the client’s new mobile product effort
- Bring a leadership mindset to the team to imagine, test, and develop innovative ideas
- Enable the implementation of aesthetically pleasing designs through knowledge of front-end code (including knowledge of graphic design principles, typography, iconography, and web fonts)
- Create re-useable code and templates in support of digital style guides/brand standards and prototypes (Web components using Angular v2.0+, ReactJS etc.)
- Adhere to and participate in the creation of standards for code quality, accessibility, and system performance
- Establish and adhere to process and engagement models for interacting with delivery partners (technology and business teams) as well as User Experience and Design Team members (Using Github)
What is the ideal experience to have?
- Strong experience developing component-based UI architecture, integration, and delivery
- Strong working knowledge using RESTful Web APIs and ability to integrate them into multiple development environments
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science or related discipline
- 9+ years of UI Development experience in delivering enterprise web-based solutions
- Advanced working experience following best practices in an enterprise development environment
- Familiarity using popular task runners and bundlers (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc…)
- Proficient using mobile-first responsive development
- Experience coding websites that adhere to Web Accessibility standards and are compatible across major browser versions
Software/Tech Stack Needs:
- RESTful web API knowledge
- TDD (Test Driven Development) and its methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Github and ability to create a process for sharing and consuming multiple teams requests
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) for accurate implementation of visual designs
This is a contract position with potential for extensions and growth
All onsite at client’s offices in Northern Chicago suburbs
Phone first, via resumes shown. If interviewed in person, talent must have work samples to show (live sites, GitHub, etc) and will be asked to talk through and explain thought process.
A Drug and Criminal background checks must be successfully passed in order to start