The Data Visualization Designer is expert at bringing complex data to life with easy to understand and visually compelling design. A UX and Interaction design whiz, they work with other teams and multi-task on projects to summarize and synthesize data and present recommendations to the businesses in a clear and logical manner.
Using data visualization, data warehousing, and value-based data driven decision best practices, they lead large projects for their clients driving value through data centric solutions.
Responsibilities for this role may include:
Working closely with a company’s clients as part of a development team to evaluate requirements and develop business intelligence and data warehousing solutions·
Working with consultants to design and develop various ETL, data ingestion, and data warehouse mappings, and architectures·
Coordinating activities with data source application owners to ensure integration and data integrity
Designing and developing reports, dashboards, KPIs, and data extracts
Overall project lifecycle, scope, KPIs, SOW, and engagement with the client
DATA VISUALIZATION DESIGNER SKILLS NEEDED
- Development, and project management/people leadership experience
- Experience with data warehouse platforms including Snowflake, SQL, etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools including Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc.
- Good knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehousing and business intelligence environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as work independently to keep projects moving
- Agile/Scrum Experience
- Statistical computer languages: R, Python is a plus
SUGGESTED SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY
- Power BI