Last updated June 21, 2023
Thank you for joining the Artisan Talent creative community! In order for us to accurately and appropriately provide job placement services, we collect some relevant data. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our notice or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
When you visit our website and use our services, you trust us with your personal information, and we take that trust very seriously. In this privacy notice, we provide an overview of what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it – all with the aim of making you feel comfortable with the information we collect. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue the use of our website and services.
Table of Contents
- Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
- Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data
- Usage Data
- Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Use of Your Personal Data
- Retention of Your Personal Data
- Transfer of Your Personal Data
- Delete Your Personal Data
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Business Transactions
- Law enforcement
- Other legal requirements
- Security of Your Personal Data
- Types of Data Collected
- Your Privacy Rights
- Child Privacy Rights
- European Privacy Rights
- California Privacy Rights
- Links to Other Websites
- Contact Us
Artisan for Hire, Inc and Artisan – New York, LLC (doing business as “Artisan Talent”) may be referred to as Artisan Talent, We, Our, Us
You, the user, may be referred to as You, Your, Yours
- Device means any device that can access the Website, such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website and the registration, application, and inquiry forms housed there as well as Our Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Service Provider means any person who processes the data on behalf of Artisan Talent. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Artisan Talent to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of Artisan Talent, to perform services related to the Service or to assist Artisan Talent in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Artisan Talent, accessible from https://artisantalent.com
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Career criteria
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
This Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device’s unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Website or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Website and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Artisan Talent, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Your Personal Data
Artisan Talent may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To create a profile for You that encapsulates Your career criteria and/or specific requests for Our Services.
- To provide Our Service to You, including customized Artisan Talent job opportunities, news, and career information via email, telephone, SMS or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications
- To maintain Our Service, including monitoring the usage of Our Service.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Artisan Talent assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Artisan Talent will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at Artisan Talent’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that was collected about You at any time.
Updates or amendments to much of Your information can be done at any time by entering Your new information via Our registration form. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us. We will update or delete Your Personal Data according to Your request within 30 days.
Please note, however, that We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, Artisan Talent may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Artisan Talent may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Artisan Talent
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Privacy Rights
Child Privacy Rights
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
European Privacy Rights
If You are resident in the European Economic Area and You believe we are unlawfully processing Your personal information, You also have the right to complain to Your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
California Privacy Rights
If You are a resident of California, You are granted specific rights regarding access to Your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from Us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If You are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit Your request in writing to Us using the contact information provided below.
If You are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, You have the right to request removal of unwanted data that You publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account and a statement that You reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from Our systems.
Additionally, please reference Our CCPA Policy.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail:
216 S. Jefferson Street, Suite 202
Chicago, IL 60661
Artisan Talent is a Digital, Marketing and Creative Staffing Firm placing talent in jobs perfectly matched with their skills all over the US.