Web Designer Job Description
Web designers plan site design by clarifying goals and designing functionality through site navigation by categorizing content and funneling traffic through content. They will be coordinating and collaborating with Account Managers, Copywriter, Graphic Designers and other graphic artists on images, icons, banners, audio, etc. They will also prepare the site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links and locability by registering with search engines.
A Full time Web Designer Job Description should also include ongoing responsibility information such as maintaining and providing ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content updates, special promotion materials, etc.
When hiring or creating a web designer job description, keep the following in mind:
Web Designer Skills Needed
- Web Graphic Design
- Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Web Programming Experience
- Front End Development
- Rapid Prototype Creation
- Web User Interface Design
- Web Programming Skills
- Illustration Tools
- Web Analytics
- Multimedia Content Development
- Understanding Browser Capabilities
- Client Facing Communication
- Organization, Multiple Project Juggling
- Self Directed
Web Designer Suggested Software Proficiency
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign
- Wireframing Tools
- Enterprise Content Management Systems
- Visual Studio
Need to Hire a Web Designer?
To learn more about hiring a Web Designer, let Artisan Talent help you: click here.
Are you a Web Designer looking for work? View our available jobs and opportunities here.