What is an AI Trainer? This job has a bit of crossover with AI Query Writers but is more of an analytical, organizational style of job. AI Trainers and Auditors make use of their library science and linguistic skills to train AI and keep note for engineers on how the AI is developing linguistically. They also create cataloging methods and work with the data science and product teams to ensure quality control. One of the fastest growing career titles in the artificial intelligence field, the AI Trainer plays a key role in ensuring that AI functions at its best and provides a rewarding user experience.
Some key responsibilities of an AI Trainer includes:
- Synthesizing raw, unfiltered data to build well-organized unbiased data sets.
- Ensuring data is properly annotated according to specific annotation guidelines.
- Showing AI programs samples of training data and checking the output to see whether it’s correct.
- Verifying and validating data annotations to ensure that the AI is reading it properly.
- Re-annotating data when AI doesn’t read data correctly.
- Continually testing and refining AI systems to ensure they’re operating efficiently.
The AI Trainer is an open-minded, multi-talented individual who is sensitive to the nuances of interpersonal communication and adept at writing conversations. They must feel comfortable working with customers, as well as with new technologies. Other skills needed include:
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytics, data management, or a related field.
- Master’s degree (preferred, but not needed) in the disciplines mentioned above.
- Strong comprehensive data analysis skills.
- Ability to work with large volumes of data both efficiently and in a secure manner.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent reading and writing skills in casual and business English.
- Experience in managing multiple projects by deadlines.
- Experience in writing dialogue such as screenplays.
- Computer science training.
- Familiarity with basic statistics and data processing software.
- Experience in one or more business areas, such as marketing, customer engagement, public relation, and sales.
- Familiarity with the AI tech world and knowledge of how to stay ahead of the competition.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY NEEDED:
A key part of an AI Trainer’s role is to keep up-to-date on best practices, new techniques and technologies. The most successful AI Trainers have a strong working knowledge of chatbot metrics such as Cognition, Confusion, and Containment as well as knowledge of AI and machine learning. They should also have experience working with Natural Language Processing (NLP) engines such as Google Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, and IBM Watson, along with knowledge of large language models such as GPT-3, and AI21 Studio. Reporting tools such as PowerBI may also be needed.
Like most careers in AI, this one is evolving rapidly, adding even more importance to continuing education and certification in specialization courses.
Other AI Job descriptions: